Time & Location
About the Event
TIME & LOCATION
Sep 28, 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Elkland School Complex, 110 Addison Hill Rd,
Elkland, PA 16920, USA
ABOUT THE EVENT
So, you think your chili recipe is the BEST? Let's put that to test! Join others who are determined to prove you're wrong and compete against them with your BEST chili recipe ever!
Come out and support two juniors with their senior project – Rally for Serenity Fall Festival– a community outreach event to raise awareness of “Hope and Help” for Addiction and Mental Health Recovery.
1st, 2nd and 3rd place and People’s Choice awards will be given.
Cost is FREE to enter. Registration is required!
CHILI COOK OFF RULES AND REGULATIONS
• Each contestant must make AT LEAST 6 - 8 QUARTS OF CHILI;
• Chili must be served from a commercial warming/steamer, electric roaster or crock-pot;
• Use coolers lined with plastic food service bags to transport chili, if necessary;
• YOU provide a SMALL ladle and chafing dish for your booth;
• WE provide serving size cups/bowls, spoons and serving gloves;
• WE provide 6’-8’ table;
• YOU provide an extension cord;
• YOU provide Table covers/cloths and decorations for 6’-8’ table (optional but encouraged);
• LIMIT SERVING SIZES TO TASTING ONLY; and
• Each booth must display signage describing contents for those with food allergies.
• Chili shall reach an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees F throughout before being served.
• An adult shall be responsible for the operation of the booth and shall supervise any minors working at the booth.
• All servers shall maintain their hands in a clean, sanitary condition and wash hands immediately after using the restroom, handling raw food, smoking or otherwise soiling their hands.
• All servers must wear gloves and effective hair restraints such as hairnets, headbands or caps.
Please follow our guidelines to ensure food is properly handled and prepared to maintain a high level of food safety. We want to keep this a safe and fun event for all participants!
Chili must maintain 140 degrees F and above during the entire Chili Cook-Off
What Is Provided:
• Corn bread, crackers and water at the registration tables where people purchase tickets for tastings
• 11:00 a.m. Set-up;
• 1:00 p.m. Deadline to bring chili to the judges; and
• 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Chili is served to the public;
• 2:15 p.m. Deadline to vote for People’s Choice Ballots;
• 3:00 p.m. Winners Announced!
**This event will be held RAIN (inside) or SHINE (outside), please come prepared. In extreme weather cases, or events out of our control where the Event is cancelled it will be determined as early as possible but, in some cases may be the morning of the event.